Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Boards and Pieces- "Da Vinci's Challenge"


After my weekend at Toy Fair a couple weeks ago, I have begun to contact game publishers about ideas for new products. I am especially interested in getting the award-winning game I created, "Da Vinci's Challenge", back on the market.

Recently, a new edition of "Da Vinci's Challenge" was produced as a high-end promotional item for Swiss watchmaker IWC Schaffhausen. I still have to post pics of this version here on my blog, but you can see photos on the offical Facebook page that I made for the game. Please 'Like' the page if you'd like to get news & info about it:

Facebook:

Anyway, I was doing a Google search for something related to the game, and I discovered a site called Board and Pieces that archives classic abstract strategy games. It was started by James J. Bond, a librarian from Richmond, Indiana.

I was excited to see that there is an entry for my game, that describes the history behind the concept and the basic rules of play.

Board and Pieces:

It is always amazing to see a reference to something that I created, especially alongside so many other classic games.

I am working diligently to bring this timeless and fun game back to the market. My intention was always for "Da Vinci's Challenge" to be an enjoyable way for people to learn about visual pattern recognition, ancient history, and the mystical ideas of sacred geometry. I'm always encouraged by people who tell me they have seen or played it, and I hope that many more get to experience the wisdom it contains.

No comments: