Monday, January 18, 2016

Physics of Life


I try to inform myself in all areas so that I have a general knowledge of many things. There is an infinite amount of information to be gained, & I want to know as much of it as I can absorb.

Scientific topics are a favorite of mine, because I feel like scientific investigation can help us understand reality. The more I learn about knowledge & discoveries from different scientific fields, the more I feel like I am looking into a never-ending fractal dimension of information.

Biology and quantum theory are two areas that I have been focusing on lately, listening to many lectures about the realm where these intersect. My mind absolutely boggles when I think of the activity happening of cellular & molecular level, throughout all living things. It's crazy to think of proteins and cells interacting, moving, & sending signals to each other at a nonstop pace!

The macrocosm mirrors the microcosm, and vice-versa. This fascinating article explained how the mass behavior of animals is giving researchers a hint into how matter becomes self-organizing into living systems. It's something that is ultimately truly mysterious, but by trying to figure it out, we can better understand ourselves & our world.

Nature:

No comments: