Monday, July 20, 2015

Lab Chimps Released


In recent posts, I've talked about primate tool use and primate self-reflection.

I'm very interested in the nature of animal consciousness & communication, because I think it informs the fundamental nature of our own experience.

I think humanity is becoming more empathetic as a whole, because other living things are being recognized as sentient minds.

The Monkey Buddha

This video speaks for itself, and needs no philosophical debate. It shows chimpanzees from research laboratories, who were locked in cages for 30 years, being released into a sanctuary. 


I can't see how a person with any empathy couldn't look at these chimps & recognize the experience they must be having when setting foot outside for the first time in decades.





No comments: