Friday, March 13, 2015

Vinyl Toy Design


 In my professional career as a graphic designer, I get to work on alot of products for toy & game companies. I've helped design many products, their packaging, and marketing materials. I also have had my own ideas published, like the game Da Vinci's Challenge.

Recently, I've been busy making prototypes of a few original concepts that I'm hoping to get to market. Even the process of creating a single new product takes many hours of planning, creative effort, testing, revising, and refining. Then, getting it manufactured and marketed is a whole separate process with its own challenges.

This video from toy designer Joe Ledbetter, that I saw on BoingBoing, is an excellent look at what goes into designing a product- in this case, vinyl toys.


No comments: