Thursday, June 26, 2014

Big Paul's Adventures in History V

I have alot of photos of my Dad sleeping in many different chairs on many different occasions. He has worked hard in the food retail business all his life, but when he gets a chance to sit down & relax it usually turns into a snoozefest. Family events or holidays inevitably become napping opportunities for the big guy.

My old friend Dan J. gave me the idea to have him sleeping right through important times in history. I thought this idea was hysterical & created this series of "snapshots" showing Big Paul experiencing historic events, in his own special way.


This is the fifth set of of "adventures" as he sleeps his way through history.

To commemorate my Dad's birthday, I made the 3 new adventures below.

Click the link to see the whole series:

https://picasaweb.google.com/MonkeyBuddha.com/BigPaulSAdventuresInHistory#6029208951269228626
"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
Lincoln's Assassination

As a gunshot rang out in Ford's Theater, 
my Dad continued to snooze away next to the Lincolns.

https://picasaweb.google.com/MonkeyBuddha.com/BigPaulSAdventuresInHistory#6029208948622013026
"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
First Atomic Bomb Tests
 
The power of an atomic bomb blast 
was not enough to wake Big Paul out of his slumber.

https://picasaweb.google.com/MonkeyBuddha.com/BigPaulSAdventuresInHistory#6029208948897803442
"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
Man Walks on the Moon

Even in the vacuum of space, 
the astronauts claimed they could hear my Dad snoring.

No comments: