Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review: Cape May Winery & Vineyard

Last week, I had an awesome vacation in Cape May.

One day, after seeing landmarks with the family all morning, I went wine tasting with my brother & his girlfriend. We went to the Cape May Winery & had an excellent afternoon. There weren't many people there at the time, so we had the place almost to ourselves & chatted it up with the bartenders as we tried their wines.


The winery is very nice, with a few different bar areas to test their wines.


They have a patio overlooking the vineyard that we sat out on for awhile, snacking & drinking once we finished our taste tests.


You get to try six wines for $6, but the bartenders loved us, so we got a few extra splashes to try. I really enjoyed almost all the wines I tried. Red & white wines are sometimes either too dry or too sweet for my tastes. However, Cape May Winery has some delicious wines in all varieties.

My brother & I had a scorecard to grade each wine on a 1-10 scale. I think my top 3 picks were Cape May Red, Cape May Rosé, & the Cape May Cabernet. All their wines were very good, though. I was even into some of their white wines, like the Isaac Smith Albariño that tasted like summer in a glass!

Although I love wine, this was actually my 1st trip to a winery & wine-tasting. Luckily it turned out to be a top-notch establishment, with many delicious wines!

Highly recommended!!!

No comments: