Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day on the Bay


This past weekend I was fortunate to enjoy the 3-day holiday and the awesome weather.

On Saturday I sat out for a few hours at the local park to relax & read. Since I recently finished the  biography of Steve Jobs, I'm now reading another biography, Scar Tissue by singer Anthony Keidis. I started listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers way back when I was in middle school in the early 90's. They are a great band & have a unique sound that's endured for decades now.

Sunday night I drove down to Atlantic City for a Dude's Night Out. I ended up at the Beach Bar off the boardwalk & had a pretty crazy time.

Despite having a formidable hangover on Memorial Day, I drove my brother to a nearby town where his girlfriend was staying. Her friend has a house right on the bay, so we spent the day swimming in the pool overlooking the water. After a few beers and a a couple plates of crab pasta, & I felt like a million bucks.

I decided to capture the patriotic image of the flag above that was flying over the dock, with the symbolic den of gambling, debauchery, & material excess in the background.

From this vantage point, at least, the flag is flying higher than the TRUMP-branded high rises.

No comments: