Thursday, January 26, 2012

Monkeys & Mortality

There are many things I enjoy in life, but bizarre creations & monkey pictures always make my day.

I saw the masterpiece below on the Tumblr blog JUST_MONK3Y.
A pensive ape, wearing a fez hat with the the all-seeing eye, is holding a human skull.

Using the mind-boggling power of Google Images & Search ("ape+fez+skull"), I just took 30 seconds & tracked down the creator of this superb image, Jean Labourdette. The title of the work only adds to its awesomeness:


by Jean Labourdette


Perhaps the ponderous primate is wondering about the nature of the process we call consciousness that experiences our mortal existence...

Perhaps he is thinking about bananas...


Also on that blog, I saw this funny vintage print of a cheeky monkey trying to make moves on a human circus lady.


I looked up the artist, E. Gayac, but there's not much info other than that he was a Spanish postcard artist.

No comments: