Thursday, October 28, 2010

'Rally To Restore Sanity' Signs

So, I've been planning on going to Washington DC for The Rally to Restore Sanity with my brother & some of our friends. The hotel rooms have been booked so now it's on!

I have been watching The Daily Show since Jon Stewart became host, & I've watched The Colbert Report since the first show. In a weird way, I've always considered their comedic, absurdist outlook on politics & current events to be more credible than the polished facade that characterizes the 24-hour news networks.

Organizing a huge event solely to highlight the need for reasonable political discourse was a stroke of genius for this crazy election season. The reactionaries in politics & the media have become so nuts that we actually need to demonstrate that there are still sane people left! Even though society's chaotic multitude of perspectives is what keeps life interesting, too much chaos can tear things apart.

Since I probably won't have a chance to post anything before the rally, I'll share some fun posters I created last weekend that we're getting made into signs. There's definitely going to be alot of people wearing costumes and carrying all kinds of crazy signage. Hopefully it will be a good time, to say the least. There will be a full report if & when I get back.










No comments: