Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eclectic TV Viewing

I'm not sure what's going on in my head... but I think I was the only person in America tonight flipping the TV between two completely disparate shows: the premier of "Jersey Shore" season 2 & "Who Really Discovered America" documentary on History Channel.

I avoided watching "Jersey Shore" last season out of principle, like I've refused to see the movie "Titanic". The only bit I saw was when Snookie got punched in the face. Somehow I got sucked into this season opener, though.

Earlier I was over my parent's house watching TV w/ my Dad. There, I was alternating between the Phillies game & the Monterey Pop Festival film. This was actually the first time I've seen the whole Jimi Hendrix's "Wild Thing" performance where he burned his guitar. In high school, I had a T-shirt w/ the image of him kneeling behind his flaming guitar, but had only seen posters & photos.

My Dad turned me on to the classic rock greats, so it's cool to watch footage from the time. Everyone was so wacked out of their skulls. Damn dirty hippies...


No comments: