Sunday, July 25, 2010

Big Paul's Adventures in History

I have alot of photos of my Dad sleeping in many different chairs on many different occasions.

He has worked hard in the food retail business all his life, but when he gets a chance to sit down & relax it inevitably turns into a snoozefest. Family events or holidays inevitably become napping opportunities for the big guy.

My old friend Dan J. gave me the idea to have him sleeping right through important times in history. I thought this idea was hysterical & created this series of "snapshots" showing Big Paul experiencing historic events in his own special way.

Here is the first set of the series of "adventures" that I'm compiling into an online photo album, with more to come:

"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
Creation of Man
My Dad rebuffs God's extended hand & the effort at Creation.



"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
The 10 Commandmen
ts
My Dad is totally unfazed at the fury of Moses
toward the disobedient Israelites.


"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
Washington's Crossing

My Dad sleeps soundly as the American Revolutionaries
cross the Delaware River, led by General Washington.


No comments: