Thursday, July 29, 2010

Basil Marceaux for Tennessee Gov.!

I came across this video of TN gubernatorial candidate Basil Marceaux on several humor sites.

He comes across as a total nut in this segment, but I actually found myself agreeing with alot of his ramblings. Does that make me crazy, too, I guess?



One thing I definitely don't agree with is his insistence on saying the Pledge of Allegiance daily, which is just a mindless authoritarian chant that's more in line with an empire than a modern democracy.

Anyway...

More Basil!:



Out of curiosity, I just went to his campaign site.


It is a treasure trove of Crazy Wisdom. I dare you to read his list of "Things of important" & not be inspired.

"4. My friends a beer stores say they must check 200 D/L a day that 400 minutes a day per clerk which is over 6 hours at $ 7.00 a hour that $ 42.00, with it mandatory then we must pay them."


"7. I find it hard to take a campaign fund from anyone because if they give me money they expect something and then they seal it with a hand shack . I think this is bribery so to keep everybody honest lets put all funds in one bucket, then divide the bucket by cities, counties and state ,then divide those buckets among who ever once want to run and nobody owes anybody."

I somehow agree with many of his positions, he's just not as 'well-polished'/'conventional'/'seemingly sane' as some other politicians!

Also, he has the best guarantee of any elected official that I've ever heard:

"VOTE FOR ME AND IF I WIN I WILL IMMUNE YOU FROM ALL STATE CRIMES FOR THE REST OF YOU LIFE! (Except violating a citizen rights this would be a special punishment )"

C'mon Tennessee, let's see what's your made of- Vote Basil!!!

No comments: