Thursday, May 06, 2010

Cosmic Self-Portrait


My Photos on Picasa:

Looking at detailed pictures of outer space is a sure way for me to become lost in thought... trying to imagine the unimaginable complexity & scale of the Universe we experience.

The deep space images that have been taken by the Hubble Space Telescope have changed the way humanity thinks about it's place in the cosmos. Several photos have become iconic in their own right because of their visual power over our subconscious.

Maybe we are so drawn to images of stars because they are our physical heritage:

Anyway, looking at new Hubble photos was the inspiration to picture myself in a 'Cosmic' form, kind of like the character Galactus. In Photoshop I relatively quickly melded my persona among the countless stars that formed the elements in my body- & will one day consume them again.

No comments: