Saturday, March 06, 2010

Krofft Saturday Morning Madness

The Krofft brothers were know for their insane kid's shows. The only one I remember seeing when I was little was "Land of the Lost".

Around my birthday in '78, there were several Krofft creations on the air. This is the strange, ridiculous decade that I was born into:




Then there's the legendary Krofft show H.R. Pufnstuf that I never even heard of till I was in my 20's:

H.R. Pufnstuf:
"The Magic Path"




Lidsville was another production that I've never heard of either until looking up these other segments. The wacky 70's star Charles Nelson Reilly was featured as a green-faced dastardly villain.

Lidsville:
"World in a Hat"


Bob & Dave from "Mr. Show" made a hilarious spoof of all these Krofft characters that I saw on their HBO show back in college. This one one of their countless genius skits:



No comments: