Thursday, January 07, 2010

The U.S. Vs. John Lennon

I posted awhile ago about a trailer I saw for a documentary "The US vs. John Lennon".






Tonight I was over my parents' watching the whole documentary with my Dad. He raised me & my siblings on The Beatles. The older I get, the more I realize what a great creative mind John Lennon was. I've always considered him an inspirational figure, but learning about his political activism continues to amaze me. He was willing to stand up & take on the most powerful forces on Earth, the military-industrial complex that Eisenhower warned about, and the United States government.

The documentary was captivating because Lennon was such a genius and a provocative personality. My Dad & I were discussing the craziness of the day... and how the craziness going on today is so similar. We also noted the lack of any current activist leaders with the idealistic focus, powerful international attention, and cutting intelligence that made him such a threat to the Nixon administration.

The Nation

Watching the impossible fight he took on for human ideals & peace, as well as the numerous parallels between then & now, helped me get fired up tonight to rant in my last post.


Watch The U.S. vs. John Lennon in Music | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

No comments: