Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bardo Thodol

As I was writing my last post about the Mayans & looking at different videos, this one caught my eye. It is a documentary about the Bardo Thodol which I have mentioned before.

Althought the text is usually referred to as the Tibetan Book of the Dead, a more accurate translation is "Liberation through Hearing in the Intermediate State."



I have had a few near-death experiences of differing character. One time I experienced what I can only describe as a Clear Light state. There was actually no consciousness, no sense of self, no thought, just permeating white light.

Although my "bardo state" was ultimately a function of my brain activity, I came to completely understand William Blake's quote:

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is - infinite."


No comments: