Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"Birther" Madness


I was never under the illusion that remnants of America's collective "Bizarro Bush" mentality (or lack thereof) would completely disappear after the last election.

Unfortunately, life is messy & there will always be countless disagreeing viewpoints that may seem crazy to other people. I try to balance on that tightrope of viewing things from a cosmic, Dr. Manhatten-esque perspective, while always simultaneously trying to internalize the endless practical "real" concerns of humanity.

Although I hate the idea of labels (I'm registered as an Independent), my social & political sensibilities would probably be characterized as Progressive, although many things aren't so clear cut. for example, in economics I consider capitalism to be a practical system, but also believe there should be extensive regulation & oversight... Not only are there gray areas, but I try to see the whole spectrum of color, too! :)

I've always considered myself someone who appreciates wisdom, integrity, humor & creative thinking. That's why when people like the 'birthers' or 'health care rabble-rousers' come to my attention, my overwhelming instinct is to think, "these ignorant fools are focusing their anger in the totally wrong direction."

Not to say that Congress, or even Obama, shouldn't be taking heat for their decisions. However, people freaking out about "Socialized Medicine!" just end up seeming like disruptive shills for Big Insurance & Pharma. Those are the only players with a stake in maintaining the status quo of an immoral & impractical profit-based health care system.

In a way, it is good for elected officials to see The Mob passionate & pissed off... but not if it only serves to prevent intelligent dialogue and problem-solving from taking place by shouting ideological talking points.

The hysterical, ridiculous woman at the end of this clip whining about Obama's birth certificate & "getting her country back" made me want to smash my own head in. When she started screaming the Pledge of Allegiance along with the rest of the hollering f*cktards, I realized this was truly DEMOCRACY™ in action. In the age of Youtube, any emotionally-charged ignoramus can made his/her completely misinformed opinion be heard by millions! God Bless America!



It's all good though- because like I said, life is messy, & there will always be arguments until we are all subdued into "The Collective". It's better for people to be able to have a voice, as long as there are also other voices that can all variously dispute, agree, or state their total indifference. These "town hall" events, though, are starting to seem more like the Sarah Palin hate rallies.

I feel that all the nitwits wasting their time complaining that Obama hasn't proved he's a U. S. citizen should take the time to get to better know their hyper-ventilating leader:



Even if somehow there was a vast conspiracy to cover for 'Barry the Manchurian Candidate', I don't think that screeching wig-wearing freakazoid would've been the one to uncover it. Besides, after her 'Kenyan Birth Certificate' has been proven to be a truly inept forgery, Ms. Taitz has hightailed it back to Tel Aviv, Israel. Perhaps she knows her remarkable hackery is about to turn into a splattering shitstorm, or perhaps she is the Mossad's worst agent provocateur ever.

Whatever.... let the idiocy continue. It makes me feel like an enlightened genius watching people get worked up about the latest FoxNews-driven outrage.

Speaking of which, I'll end my rant about the sad state of political discourse by saying that Glenn Beck has accomplished an unimaginable feat....
By calling Barack Obama, the mixed-race President, "a racist"- he outdid that bonehead Sean Hannity by saying the most obnoxiously, astonishingly idiotic turd of verbal crap I've experienced in recent memory.

There, I'm done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

I was starting to feel a little antsy about all the fruit loops on the news.

You've made me smile and helped me center myself :-)