Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crazy Wisdom of Terence McKenna

I first heard about Terence McKenna while I was in college. My friend Phil had his spoken word CD called "Alien Dreamtime" w/ music & sound design by Spacetime Continuum. Despite already having an imaginative mind, listening to this visionary crazy wisdom master burst my head open into a space that was infinitely more vast than the previous infinity I thought existed. It was simply the craziest thing I ever heard, which is saying quite alot.

Terence McKenna passed away in 2000 & didn't get to experience the novel horrors that have resulted from 8 years of George W. Bush being the most powerful figurehead in the world. He was definitely a one-of-a-kind character who combined science, metaphysics, humor, and culture through language that was as colorful and wacky as it was cerebral.

Anyway, this particular visual effects-enhanced lecture came to my attention through Posthuman Blues.

It took me a few sittings, but I've listened to the whole video & watched most of it. I wanted to make it through the entire thing before posting about it. This video is definitely not geared to unimaginative or the cultural conformist. Watching this in one viewing will most likely either make your brain melt or explode into individual atoms.


No comments: