Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Choose Your Overlord

I saw this blog on Design You Trust that deals exclusively with two of my favorite subjects: Robots & Monkeys!

Specifically, the focus is on which of these types of beings will end up being in control of the human race. Will our future resemble "Planet of the Apes" or "Terminator"?


As described in the Intro:
"Now, I realize that this is age old argument: monkeys or robots; robots or monkeys. Who will eventually dominate us? I really don’t have the answer, but with this question in mind, I have created this site to keep a running tally of the successes and failures on both sides."

Unfortunately, unlike The Matrix there is no real choice... because the actual horrible reality we may face will be cybernetic Robot-Monkey Hybrids!

Man is already using his unholy powers of reality-manipulation to create the precursor of unstoppable robo-chimps...

NY Times:
"Monkeys Control a Robot Arm With Their Thoughts"


Believe me,
he's plotting his revenge against our entire species.

No comments: