Saturday, February 02, 2008

Usborne Books of the Future & the Unknown


I've seen boingboing.com & other sites linking to a The Pointless Museum's collection of scans from imaginative illustrated books. The Book of the Future is getting the attention & it is definitely an amazing book.

The other book he scanned, Usborne World of the Unknown: UFO's brings back childhood memories for me. I used to check out as many books as I possibly could at each trip to the public library when my mom would take me & my siblings back in the day. I know I checked out this UFO book and similar ones about ghosts & strange creatures several times each. These books were really influential in the development of my fluid world outlook. They illustrated how much is out there that we have not even begun to understand.

I was amazed by the fantastic presentations, like this:



...& my young mind could endlessly ponder the implications of such strange possibilities:

No comments: