Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Fractal Art Winners 2007

"Simple Thing"
by Philip Taylor

2007 Fractal Art Contest

These amazing visual creations are based on the mathematical idea known as fractals, which are a source of endless fascination for me.

It's cool to see these amazing artworks given a forum to be presented, compared, & even judged by the father of fractal geometry, Benoit Mandelbrot.

Although not showing the same skill as the contest entries, I'm adding a few of my own fractal images here. I have to get an online gallery of my artwork up soon...

(click for larger image)


Illumination

Shaman's Mask

Blacklight Dream #3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there any way to get in touch with Philip Taylor?
Please let me know, my email address is
freda@surgenor.com.au

I wish to do a painting from a fractal of his that I tweaked. It was on the Ultra Fractal list in 2007
regards Freda