Sunday, April 30, 2006

Stephen Colbert is Great


Well, I didn't think it was possible, but I think the Colbert Report on Comedy Central has matched, if not exceeded, the standard of the Daily Show. This performance by Stephen Colbert at the annual White House Correspondents' Dinner takes it to another level, though. I can't imagine the balls it takes to ridicule the President of the United States right to his face. Even if it is supposed to be in jest, the issues and the stinging humor Colbert presents have to be uncomfortable for many, especially the War Monkey himself.

Colbert, who spoke in the guise of his talk show character, who ostensibly supports the president strongly, urged the Bush to ignore his low approval ratings, saying they were based on reality, “and reality has a well-known liberal bias.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

I agree 100%. This guy is incredible. Did you see him intervial Bill Kristol? He was so brutally honest it was incredible.

I think my favorite line from the Correspondent's Dinner was when he said something along the lines of, "I firmly, believe that governments govern best which govern the least. And by that standard we have created a fantastic government in Iraq."

I hope he inspired a few real journalist to do their jobs with a bit more candar.

Keep up the good work..

Frank McCulley